Contracts & Agreements
Whether your matter is based within Australia or internationally, there are certain rules for what documentation should be in place to protect your interests.
We offer services in drafting and advising on matters including but not limited to:
- Contracts and Agreements for Sales
- Contracts and Agreements for Services
- Partnership Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Restraint Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Other contracts and agreements as you require
Some of the more frequently encountered issues we advise on and assist you with are as follows:
- Correct Identification: Identification of the correct party may seem obvious, but often an incorrect identification can easily made due to confusion about the holding company or its subsidiary, or a branch.
- Limitation of Liability: Limit your contractual liability by stating a reasonable limit, based on the contract value or another metric.
- Indemnity: Protect yourself from the errors and omissions of others beyond your control during the performance of your contract/agreement.
- Severance Clause: Having a proper severance clause is also important, as if a clause within the contract/agreement is declared void, the whole contract/agreement can also become void.
- Variation Clause: clause With so many ways to communicate, verbal statements, emails or text messages are often used to modify the contact/agreement. Allowing only those variations to be set in writing as an addendum to the contract/agreement, and signed by the parties involved, can a measure of certainty be placed in the matter.
- Jurisdiction: You can have your matter heard in the court of your home State or Territory, or would you prefer to have your matter heard at a court in a foreign jurisdiction but applying your State/Territory law or Australian Federal law.
How we can assist
At Obvia Legal we have much experience in making sure contractual documentation fits in with your specific contractual needs and protects you. We are experienced with different jurisdictions’ requirements and are able to communicate with other lawyers in other jurisdictions to ensure your compliance.
Fees and Charges
We understand that for many of our smaller clients cost predictability is essential. To meet that need, we’re happy to offer many of our frequently requested legal documents at a fixed price.
To suit your requirements, we offer a range of value-based pricing models, including:
- Hourly rates
- Capped fees
- Fixed prices
- Staged costing
Please contact us to find out how we can be of assistance!